Young Professionals Committee
We are a group of passionate men and women committed to creating positive change for the education equity movement in New York City. Since 2009, the Young Professionals Committee (YPC) has rallied support among New York City’s young professionals and has raised nearly one million dollars to support Teach For America-New York’s teachers, alumni, and the over 110,000 kids they collectively serve.
Our sights are set on building sustainable support for Teach For America-New York through:
- Events that spread awareness about the need for better education for low-income kids in NYC.
- Volunteer experiences that offer an opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- Fundraising that directly supports better education for NYC kids that need it the most!
- We are always looking for new members and new friends! Check out upcoming events below.
Become a Friend of the YPC
Friends of the YPC can get involved in two ways:
- Volunteering with us
- Attending events and fundraising for us at their leisure
This level of involvement requires no formal commitment and encourages you to involve your own circle of friends to join you at our event. Friends receive information on events and volunteer opportunities.
Become a YPC Member
YPC members formally agree to take their passion for education equity to the next level. Our young professionals:
- Invest their time and ideas through quarterly meetings, volunteer opportunities, and annual events.
- Commit to fundraising (or giving) $1,000 or more for NYC’s kids.
- Connect us with people and orgs in their networks to help bring TFA-NY closer to reaching its goals.
- Educate themselves and their peers about how we can improve the education outcomes for low-income communities in NYC.